Smartphones, online shopping and contactless/NFC payments are becoming more and more embedded in our lives each day. So when you think about the future of payments, it’s not that big of a stretch to see that we’re moving toward a world beyond plastic, where people will shop and pay in a way that best fits their needs and lifestyles.
This week’s CARTES North America conference is the latest in a series of conferences and events that provide us an opportunity to share how our technology and partnershipsare helping bring this vision to life by enhancing the experience whenever, wherever and however an electronic payment is made. I hope you’ll join us!
Want to see what we’re up to? See us speak at CARTES:
- March 5 at 9 a.m. PT: NFC & Mobile Payments – The Next Steps?
- March 5 at 11:30 a.m. PT: Commercial Launch of Mobile Payments Using NFC-Enables Phones
- March 5 at 2:50 p.m. PT: The Outlook for EMV Adoption in the USA
- March 7 at 10:30 a.m. PT: Building a Bridge to Financial Inclusion with Prepaid
Also, check out our recent news and other background on mobile:
- MasterCard Mobile Money Timeline
- MasterCard Introduces U.S. Roadmap to Enable Next Generation of Electronic Payments
- MasterCard and Telefonica’s Joint Venture Unveils Brand Name
- BOKU Expands Mobile Payments Offering with MasterCard Prepaid and PayPass
- MasterCard Launches Partnership Program to Enhance Mobile Money Services for Underbanked Consumers in Developing Markets
If you’re onsite or want to follow the action, follow us on Twitter (@MasterCardNews) and watch for the #CartesNA hashtag.