MasterCard at the Prepaid Expo: One Step Closer to a Cashless SocietyRobyn Cottelli | March 12, 2012
Prepaid cards are everywhere and used by nearly everyone. They support new consumer payment tools like mobile wallets, NFC and smartphone payments. They are a tool to help consumers without bank accounts enter the financial mainstream (check out our infographic, Prepaid Cards: Access for the Underbanked). Governments rely on prepaid cards to distribute state and federal benefits, tax refunds and other payments. It’s used by corporations for payroll, the healthcare industry for medical payments – and prepaid cards are picking up steam as a fast and easy way to electronically pay your babysitter or a friend for covering lunch (through person-to-person payments).
This week, we’re at the 7th Annual Prepaid Expo in Las Vegas and are looking forward to sharing our insights about this dynamic space, and demonstrating how the latest prepaid solutions are bringing us one step closer to a cashless society.
If you’re at the show, stop by an expert series session in our booth, or come learn about what Partners in Prepaid is doing. If you aren’t making the trip, watch for news and updates live from the event by following @MasterCardNews and #PPExpo, the official Prepaid Expo 2012 hashtag.
The Prepaid Expo agenda has more details, but here’s a preview of what we’ll add our perspective on:
- March 12 at 8:30 a.m. PT – Taking Your Prepaid Business into Europe
- March 13 at 2:45 p.m. PT – The Fate of Payroll Cards: Restrictions and Regulations Across the US
- March 13 at 2:45 p.m. PT – Realities of GPR in LatAm
- March 14 at 9 a.m. PT – Prepaid in the Future: The Consumers, the Products, the Technology
5, 10 and 15 Years Ahead
- March 14 at 11:15 a.m. PT – Uncovering Mobile Payments Opportunities in Developed and Developing Markets
Here’s some more on MasterCard’s recent prepaid news and leadership:
- Prepaid: A New Route to Financial Inclusion
- U.S. Treasury Saves with Cashless Program
- Prepaid Getting a Lot of Unfair Heat: Let’s Discuss
- Expert Approval for Financial Control
- BOKU Expands Mobile Payments Offering with MasterCard Prepaid and PayPass
- MasterCard Launches Partnership Program to Enhance Mobile Money Services for Underbanked Consumers in Developing Markets