For the fourth consecutive year, MasterCard sponsored the World Retail Congress, the premier conference for the global retail industry. This year the conference was held in Paris, France, from Monday 7th – Wednesday 9th of October.
At this year’s congress, MasterCard hosted a series called, ‘Innovation, Interaction and Insight: Defining the New Retail Experience.’ These thought leadership sessions featured MasterCard executives as well as industry leaders and retail partners. Participants shared their insights and vision on key topics and trends shaping the future of retail.
In the run up to and during the conference, MasterCard made a number of announcements demonstrating how our products and global data and insights are helping merchants to create quality customer experiences and increase share of wallet.
• MasterCard announced a global partnership with Parkeon, the world’s leading parking services provider, to enable shoppers to benefit from local merchant offers and loyalty services through their global network of smart parking terminals.
• Global MasterPass momentum was showcased within a press release highlighting expanded merchant acceptance and growth into new global markets like Brazil, Belgium, France and more.
• MasterCard announced the first ShopThis! with MasterPass pilot is with Conde Nast’s WIRED magazine. ShopThis! lets readers discover and purchase items from their favorite titles’ advertising and editorial pages, without ever leaving the page itself. Read more about ShopThis! in this New York Times article. And watch this demo to see how easy it is to use:
• MasterCard announced two new retail partners in support of the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) and the fight against global hunger. Lulu Hypermarket and Auchan Italy have become the latest partners in MasterCard’s campaign in support of fundraising efforts for the WFP.
• Eataly and MasterCard announced a three-year marketing partnership all about delivering customer experiences to MasterCard card holders, including exclusive cooking classes, private tours and autographed recipe cards by top chefs.
For more information, including images, infographics and video, please view our digital press kit.