Company’s largest digital and social campaign ever integrates TV, Online, Social and Outdoor in a truly global Priceless experience
To tweet this news copy and paste http://mstr.cd/1aaBgrj to your Twitter handle with #PricelessNewYear
Purchase, NY – December 26, 2013 – MasterCard has launched #PricelessNewYear, the company’s largest integrated digital and social media campaign to date, designed to connect people around the world and celebrate families, friendships and community during the holiday season. Mixing traditional media spots with a global social activation in 175 countries the program will curate peoples holiday “priceless moments” via Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and showcase them on New Year’s Eve via the world famous digital billboards that make up Times Square.
“A brand is defined by the experiences people have around it,” said Raja Rajamannar, chief marketing officer for MasterCard. “MasterCard is focused on bringing people together to celebrate their passions while helping to drive a little more Priceless in their lives. Social is in our DNA, it’s the essence of what Priceless was built to be.”
- MasterCard will create an unforgettable branded presence on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, encouraging consumers to share their wishes and images for a #PricelessNewYear.
- A 30 second spot is airing around the world including all major TV networks in the U.S. and during ABC ‘s New Year’s Rocking Eve with Ryan Seacrest. As New Year’s is a time for reflection, MasterCard is leveraging one of our favorite Priceless spots titled “Arrivals” which features real footage of families welcoming loved ones home.
- Additionally, the Arrivals spot will be running on video screens in 7,000 taxis throughout the New York City area through December 31st. Surrounding the spot, taxi riders will be encouraged via digital banners to share photos and wishes on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram using the #PricelessNewYear hashtag for a chance to have their photo appear in Times Square.
Virtual Connections in Times Square
- With all eyes focused on Times Square on New Year’s Eve, MasterCard brings consumers to the festivities virtually.
- Consumer generated #PricelessNewYear content will be seen on digital billboards throughout Times Square, including the Nasdaq and Reuters signs. Content will run between 6:00 a.m. and midnight on December 31st. The billboards will encourage the one million people gathered there, as well as those watching from around the world, to share their #PricelessNewYear wish. The very best of all consumer generated content will be curated and fed into the billboards.
Raja Rajamannar, newly appointed chief marketing officer for MasterCard is available to provide context and insights about the program and discuss how Priceless will continue to evolve in 2014.
MasterCard (NYSE: MA), www.mastercard.com, is a technology company in the global payments industry. We operate the world’s fastest payments processing network, connecting consumers, financial institutions, merchants, governments and businesses in more than 210 countries and territories. MasterCard’s products and solutions make everyday commerce activities – such as shopping, traveling, running a business and managing finances – easier, more secure and more efficient for everyone. Follow us on Twitter @MasterCardNews, join the discussion on the Cashless Pioneers Blog and subscribe for the latest news on the Engagement Bureau.
Click here to subscribe to real-time alerts.