MasterCard Extends Relationship with PGA TOUR
Expanded sponsorship focuses on providing cardholders increased access to unique tournament experiences and golf-related savings
To tweet this news, copy and paste http://bit.ly/Ua71g7 to your Twitter handle with the hashtag #PayPass
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla. & PURCHASE, N.Y. –Dec. 18, 2012– MasterCard and the PGA TOUR today announced an extension of their marketing relationship through 2016. The continued relationship will focus on further providing MasterCard cardholders unique golf experiences, privileged access to top PGA TOUR tournaments and properties, as well as golf-related savings and offers.
MasterCard has been a sponsor of the PGA TOUR and Champions Tour since 1995 and presenting sponsor of the Arnold Palmer Invitational Presented by MasterCard since 2004.
“Golf is a passion point for many of our cardholders,” said Chris McWilton, President, U.S. Markets, MasterCard. “The TOUR has helped us to provide our cardholders with golf experiences and access that bring them closer to the game in a truly unique manner. By aligning our brand with the things that matter most to our cardholders, we’re able to deliver on our brand promise and ultimately further cardholder loyalty.”
Enhanced Cardholder Experience
With the relationship renewal, MasterCard will expand TOUR-related cardholder benefits at key PGA TOUR tournaments and courses, as well as introduce new programs at select tournaments. This includes:
- Best Seats in the House – MasterCard cardholders will have the opportunity to “text to win” for upgraded hospitality on competition day at the vast majority of PGA TOUR events.
- Tournament Advantage – A selection of top tournaments will offer cardholders special grounds ticket purchase opportunities, as well as on-site savings at concession and merchandise venues.
- Priceless Lessons – Cardholders will be provided a unique opportunity to “text to win” a one-time, 20-minute putting lesson with a PGA TOUR player at several different tournaments throughout the season.
Priceless Golf Access
These unique experiences complement the premier access MasterCard cardholders are provided at top courses across the country through:
- TPC Member for a Day – A popular program that gives all MasterCard cardholders access to play at private TPC facilities in a single-day outing.
- Preferred Benefits – MasterCard World and World Elite cardholders receive preferred access as well as golf and merchandising savings across the vast majority of TPC facilities.
- Course to Yourself – MasterCard World and World Elite cardholders can reserve the first tee time of the day, any one day at resort destination TPC courses.
Delivering Priceless Experiences
For information including how to book, reserve and purchase Priceless Golf experiences, visit www.pgatour.com/mastercard.
“We are excited about the programs that MasterCard is implementing for its cardholders who enjoy watching and playing golf,” said Tom Wade, Chief Marketing Officer of the PGA TOUR. “MasterCard continues to be very creative in developing marketing programs centered on its relationship with the PGA TOUR. MasterCard also has been a vital part of the success of the PGA TOUR and we are pleased to announce this four-year extension. We look forward to working with MasterCard to bring these cardholder programs to life.”
MasterCard (NYSE: MA), is a global payments and technology company. It operates the world’s fastest payments processing network, connecting consumers, financial institutions, merchants, governments and businesses in more than 210 countries and territories. MasterCard’s products and solutions make everyday commerce activities – such as shopping, traveling, running a business and managing finances – easier, more secure and more efficient for everyone. Follow us on Twitter @MasterCardNews, join the conversation on The Cashless Conversations Blog and subscribe for the latest news.
About PGA TOUR
The PGA TOUR is the world’s premier membership organization for touring professional golfers, co-sanctioning more than 100 tournaments on the PGA TOUR, Champions Tour, Web.com Tour and PGA TOUR Latinoamérica. The PGA TOUR’s mission is to entertain and inspire its fans, deliver substantial value to its partners, create outlets for volunteers to give back, generate significant charitable and economic impact in communities in which it plays, and provide financial opportunities for TOUR players.
Including the U.S., PGA TOUR tournaments are broadcast to approximately 944 million households in 225 countries and territories in 32 languages. Virtually all tournaments are organized as non-profit organizations in order to maximize charitable giving. In 2011, tournaments on the three Tours generated more than $121 million for local charitable organizations, bringing the TOUR’s all-time total of charitable contributions to more than $1.7 billion.
The PGA TOUR’s web site is PGATOUR.com, the No. 1 site in golf, and the organization is headquartered in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL.