To tweet this news copy and paste http://mstr.cd/Oo6szi to your Twitter handle with #PricelessSurprises
Miami, Florida – As Sponsor and official card of the Sony Open Tennis tournament, MasterCard has developed a campaign to delight and “surprise” consumers attending the Miami-based tournament. The Sony Open, which begins March 17 and lasts until March 30th 2014, attracts nearly 310,000 fans from all over the world, and is one of the most prestigious tennis events worldwide.
As part of its consumer-focused marketing strategy, MasterCard has designed a series of #PricelessSurprises – all meant to connect consumers with one of the world’s most loved sports. Activities began this weekend with a surprise appearance by tennis star Ana Ivanovic at the Aventura Mall, through which a few unsuspecting MasterCard cardholders had the exclusive opportunity to meet and interact with.
“A brand is defined by the experience that it gives consumers,” said Edgardo Tettamanti, head of marketing for MasterCard Latin America and the Caribbean. “At MasterCard, we have focused on understanding and celebrating the passions of our consumers and offering experiences around those passion points that they’ll never forget.”
Consumer Experience Highlights:
Throughout the tournament, the brand will provide a range of “surprises” and benefits to consumers. These experiences are:
- Granting surprise seat upgrades giving consumers an opportunity to watch the game from a more privileged location.
- Randomly selecting a consumer to do the opening game coin toss.
- Coordinating autograph sessions with tennis celebrities for consumer raffle winners,
- MasterCard cardholders attending the tournament (and that register to participate) will have the opportunity to win a trip to France for the Roland Garros Grand Slam in May, also sponsored by MasterCard
- All cardholders will benefit from early access to the tournament games, as well as access to the MasterCard lounge for free wi-fi and other “surprises”
- Online fans of MasterCard social channels in Latin America will also be invited to experience surprises as it relates to tennis by following #PricelessSurprises
MasterCard’s Sony Open sponsorship program is part of MasterCard’s Priceless Miami program, which gives cardholders discounts, offers, and access to exclusive events and experiences. The program includes experiences that fall within six categories: gastronomy, sports, music and entertainment, shopping, travel and art and culture.
For a video of the #PricelessSurprises with Ana Ivanovic, please visit MasterCard’s YouTube Channel.
MasterCard (NYSE: MA), www.mastercard.com, is a technology company in the global payments industry. We operate the world’s fastest payments processing network, connecting consumers, financial institutions, merchants, governments and businesses in more than 210 countries and territories. MasterCard’s products and solutions make everyday commerce activities – such as shopping, traveling, running a business and managing finances – easier, more secure and more efficient for everyone. Follow us on Twitter @MasterCardNews, join the discussion on the Cashless Pioneers Blog and subscribe for the latest news on the Engagement Bureau.
Click here to subscribe to real-time alerts.