Gender diversity is good for business. Not only is cultivating a diverse leadership team the right thing to do, but companies with a blend of women and men in positons of power have a proven track record of success.
A report from Innotribe on women in FinTech provides an eye-opening look at the positive effects of gender-balanced teams. Companies with three or more female board directors report triple the financial performance than those who have fewer. And, high-tech startups with a woman in power generate 35 percent higher ROI than companies led only by men.
Stats like these are why Mastercard is committed to fostering female entrepreneurship around the world. Currently, 20 percent of Mastercard Start Path companies are led or co-founded by women, which is higher than the estimated FinTech industry average of just six percent.
The Start Path companies these women run are reimagining commerce, creating new uses for cards and experimenting with blockchain, among many exciting ventures. To showcase how we are working with them to build the future of commerce together, Start Path and Give Me 5 invited three of them to join us in our sponsorship of Money20/20’s Startup City.
- Airwallex uses machine learning to determine the most cost-effective way of settling payments, including cross-border payments. Chief Operating Officer and Co-Founder Lucy Liu was recently named one of Forbes Asia’s 30 Under 30.
- Endor created the first predictive software platform that lets businesses ask predictive questions and get high-quality results in minutes. Its technology applies advancements in social physics to use artificial intelligence to predict consumer behavior.
- Everledger uses emerging technologies including blockchain, smart contracts and machine vision to assist in the reduction of risk and fraud for banks, insurers and open marketplaces.
Two other startups Mastercard works with will join us as well.
- GoodWorld makes giving simple, secure and viral with hashtag-powered payments for good.
- NovaCredit is revolutionizing the way consumers own and share their information and enabling them to access the credit and rentals they deserve.
If you’ll be attending Money20/20, visit us at Startup City on Monday, October 23 – Wednesday, October 25 at booths S4-S8.
Click here to subscribe to real-time alerts.