New platform tailored for China will meet key passion points of affluent Chinese consumers
Beijing – December 8, 2016 – At a grand ceremony in the Great Hall of the People in Beijing today, Mastercard unveiled the new Mastercard World Card for China, which has been refreshed to meet the rising trend among affluent Chinese consumers to travel more, and travel well. The World Card launch comes as Mastercard celebrates its 50th birthday globally and 30 years in China, and provides a flagship, premium credit card product tailored for the Chinese market.
China is the only market worldwide where the Mastercard World Card features the premium silver brand logo, which only appears on the World Elite Card in other markets. This unique proposition for affluent Chinese cardholders reflects both the premium suite of benefits and rewards offered by the new World Card, and the exclusivity of this offering for cardholders in China.
Dennis Chang, Division President, China, Mastercard, said: “In the three decades that Mastercard has been in China, we have remained committed to staying ahead of market trends and developing innovative payment products and solutions that make people’s lives simpler, more rewarding, and secure. Today, while China’s premium travel market charts rapid growth of 12% annually, Mastercard remains dedicated to providing the best solutions and added-value services to meet the evolving needs and lifestyle trends of affluent consumers. The new Mastercard World Card offers cardholders a wide range of special privileges and services all in one card that help cardholders explore new horizons and discover new experiences – all with the ease and peace of mind that comes with Mastercard’s extensive network of global partners and leading security technology.”
“The latest research from The Hurun Report shows that there has been a shift in what higher-net-worth Chinese consumers seek in travel experiences; from material satisfaction to more intangible rewards such as learning about local cultures, sampling native cuisines, or exploring new destinations and activities. This is backed by our research detailed in the Mastercard Affluent Report, which shows affluent Chinese consumers value experiences like travel and dining above material purchases. The enhanced benefits of our World Card provide the greatest value for cardholders in ways that matter to them; saving them time and presenting more opportunities to explore the world and enjoy authentic travel experiences with their families,” added Mr. Chang.
Underpinned by Mastercard’s deep market insights, the World Card has been refreshed to offer affluent Chinese a premium solution that brings added value in alignment with their core passion pillars – travel, rewards & experiences, and peace of mind – with 16 new benefits in these segments in 2016-2017.
Whether it’s sampling local flavors with curated gourmet experiences at Michelin star restaurants, or treating the family to a five star brunch, the World Card offers an array of discounts and special deals that make family trips more adventurous and memorable. Moreover, the World Card provides more of the one commodity busy people value above all: time. Travel is made simpler and more convenient with a range of benefits and complimentary services.
To learn more about the Mastercard World Card please visit http://www.worldcard.mastercard.com/content/worldcard/china/zh_cn/index.html.
Overview of Offers for Mastercard World Card Cardholders
|Travel||• Complimentary nights to room upgrades at 1200+ hotels worldwide
• Enjoy premium hotel membership such as SPG gold from Starwood
• Buy-one-get-one-free Business Class tickets with China Eastern Airlines
• Free visa application service for 18 countries and 183 visa products
• LoungeKey™ – Complimentary access to over 500 airport lounges globally with
• Destination Limo – First-class limousine transfer services at preferential rates from selected airports in APAC, Europe and the U.S.
• Complimentary Wi-Fi access in the air and on the ground across more than 1 million hotspots in over 500 cities
|Rewards & Experiences||• Over 200 dining and lifestyle experiences globally and refreshed bi-monthly
• Mastercard Epicurean Experiences
• Priority booking and ‘meet the chef’ at most renowned 20 restaurants in 10 major cities across the globe
• Mastercard 1-for-1 Dining Privileges
• 1-for-1 afternoon tea and dining buffet
• Premium Family Dining Program
• 50% off on 2nd purchased brunch at family friendly restaurants
• Gourmet On Tour™ Packages
• Michelin Starred lunches, private sightseeing tours
• TPC Golf Benefits
• TPC Private Club Access
• TPC Course to Yourself Program
• TPC Resort VIP
• PGA Tour Player Experience
• Priceless Cities
• Unique experiences worldwide
|Peace of Mind||• e-Commerce Protection Insurance: To protect online purchases when the item is broken, does not arrive within 30 days or does not match the sellers’ description
• Wallet Protection Insurance: To provide them protection when the wallet and items inside the wallet are stolen
• Parkway Health Care: Enjoy a range of privileges, from extra discounts on GP consultations and pediatric consultations, to inpatient treatment
Mastercard (NYSE: MA), www.mastercard.com, is a technology company in the global payments industry. We operate the world’s fastest payments processing network, connecting consumers, financial institutions, merchants, governments and businesses in more than 210 countries and territories. Mastercard products and solutions make everyday commerce activities – such as shopping, traveling, running a business and managing finances – easier, more secure and more efficient for everyone. Follow us on Twitter @MastercardNews, join the discussion on the Beyond the Transaction Blog and subscribe for the latest news on the Engagement Bureau.
Mastercard Communications Contact
Huanyu Wu, Mastercard, Huanyu.firstname.lastname@example.org, +86 10 8519 9304
Cindy Choo, Weber Shandwick, Cchoo@webershandwick.com, +86 21 2411 0003
Click here to subscribe to real-time alerts.