Whether it is to scale their business or drive profitability, startups are increasingly looking to collaborate with corporates to both tap into their operational expertise and to test new technology. Mastercard’s startup engagement program Start Path Global works with startups to drive new businesses forward and is launching a call for application for its 2016 class.
Start Path will be intensifying its search in Middle East and Africa (MEA) because of the vibrant startup community. Markets in the region being targeted include: South Africa, Kenya, Nigeria, Egypt and the UAE, however all markets in MEA are welcome to participate.
The objective of the program is to stay close to innovations that are coming out of MEA and to drive success for the early-stage companies that are working on next-generation commerce technologies. The six-month, virtual program will help startups from the region tackle business problems and introduce them to new opportunities around the globe.
The startup community in MEA has been maturing steadily and the region has been churning out some interesting ideas and significant success stories.
Each quarter, Mastercard Start Path recruits a new class of startups to embark on the six-month virtual program. The program is currently accepting applications for its next class. The application window to join the next class is open until Tuesday, October 11, 2016. To apply, visit: www.startpath.com. The program is open to all non-US based startups.
How to Apply to Start Path Global:
- Submit your application at https://www.f6s.com/mastercardstartpathwinter2016/ by 5 pm GMT on Tuesday, October 11, 2016
- Receive email confirmation of your application from the Start Path team, for some companies, the Start Path team will contact you for a call to further discuss your application.
- The Start Path team will invite 12 companies to a Pitch Day in Miami on November 30, 2016 and December 1, 2016. The Pitch Day is an opportunity not only to pitch for selection into the program, but also to meet with big-brand partners of the program.
- Between 5 and 7 companies will be provided with an offer to join the program.
- The program will kick off with an immersion week in January 2017.
- Information sessions will be held to walk interested groups through the application process.
- Twitter Chat on Friday September 30th, 9.30am SGT (GMT+8) –follow @MAStartPath and #StartPathGlobal for a Twitter Q&A and chat with existing startups on the program.
- Webinars on Thursday October 6th at 8.30 am GMT and 30 pm GMT – To register, please click: https://startpathglobal.youcanbook.me/