MasterCard today appointed Betty DeVita as Chief Commercial Officer of MasterCard Labs, the company’s global research and development arm focused on payment innovations.
In this role Betty will be responsible for developing and managing strategic partnerships focused on commercializing existing and future pipeline MasterCard Labs assets. Examples of current Labs innovations being commercialized include ShopThis! and Qkr! with MasterPass.
Betty joined MasterCard Canada in 2010 contributing to the growth of the business while expanding relationships with traditional and non-traditional partners. Brian Lang, Market Development Lead for Middle East and Africa at MasterCard, will replace her as President of MasterCard Canada.
“MasterCard Labs’ has a proven track record in generating new ideas, fast-tracking the best ideas from concept through prototype, piloting and commercializing — faster than ever before,” said Garry Lyons, Chief Innovation Officer at MasterCard. “Betty’s focus on commercialization of these ideas with existing and new partners will have a direct effect on the commerce evolution.”
- News Brief: Brian Lang Appointed President, MasterCard Canada
- Fast Company: Inside MasterCard’s Innovation Labs
- Press Release: MasterCard Drives Digital Payments Innovation in its NYC Technology Hub
- News Brief: MasterCard Labs for Financial Inclusion Launches in Nairobi
- Video: Payments Technology on Display
- Video: Shopping Gets QkR and Technology Becomes Wearable