As cities around the world continue to grow, urban leaders look to digital technologies and new partnership models to give more people more opportunities to participate in what their city has to offer.
Addressing the challenges of urbanization is too big a task for anyone alone. Therefore, Mastercard is working with public and private partners in 100+ cities to help provide residents, visitors and small businesses better access to essential needs such as transportation, education and financial services. As cities deliver services in a more holistic way, they can also tailor them better to people’s individual needs and manage demand accordingly.
At next week’s Smart City Expo in Barcelona (November 14-16), Mastercard will showcase case studies from around the world, including from London, Chicago, Singapore, Mexico City and Kolin (Czech Republic). Visitors to our booth will be immersed in micro-scenarios that bring to life our insights and our partnerships to make cities more inclusive and more resilient.
Mastercard executives will be participating in a number of sessions throughout the conference:
- Wednesday, November 15, 9:30 – 10:30 am: Sarah Quinlan, SVP Market Insights, will host a breakfast chat focused on “Getting Smart about Tourism” (CC 1.3).
- Wednesday, November 15, 11:45 am – 12:45 pm: Hany Fam, EVP Enterprise Partnerships, will join a keynote panel on “Building Participatory, Inclusive and Livable Cities” (Auditorium).
- Wednesday, November 15, 1 – 2 pm: Sapan Shah, VP Enterprise Partnerships, will discuss “Fostering Open Innovation through Living Labs” (Room 2).
- Wednesday, November 15, 1:30 – 2:30 pm: Nicola Villa, SVP Public Private Partnerships, will participate in a panel on “IOT & Data Enabling the Next Generation of Urban Services” (Room 5).
- Thursday, November 16, 1 – 2 pm: Will Judge, VP Enterprise Partnerships, will join a conversation on “Disruptive Trends Transforming Urban Mobility” (Room 1).
If you’re in Barcelona, we’d love to see you! For media on-site, please contact mailto:email@example.com to schedule interviews or booth tours.