From basic internet access to next-generation public transport, a successful city needs to include everyone, and that requires collaboration across private, public and civic partners.
At this week’s Smart Cities New York, Mastercard will showcase how we are creating more connected and inclusive urban experiences together with our city and technology partners – through data-led planning, seamless mobility and digital engagement.
At the Mastercard House, visitors can experience the ease and convenience of contactless payments through a Priceless Causes activation. By donating $1.25 to the World Food Programme with a simple tap, students in Bolivia receive one week’s worth of meals.
On May 9 & 10, Mastercard executives and partners will participate in a number of sessions at the event:
Wednesday, May 9:
- 09:30 – 10:00am: Hany Fam, executive vice president, enterprise partnerships, will outline Mastercard’s vision for City Possible, a new model for urban development (stage A)
- 12:00 – 12:30pm: Antonia Stroeh, senior vice president, government & development, will join a panel on Smart Havens: From Displacement to Placement (Main Stage)
- 1:00 – 1:30pm: Trudy Norris-Grey, general manager, Microsoft CityNext, Ger Baron, chief technology officer Amsterdam, and Michael Camninos, co-founder, Smart-Link, will participate in a talk on the Power of Partnerships (stage area, Mastercard House)
- 3:30 – 4:00pm: Sapan Shah, vice president, enterprise partnerships, will be joined by Matt Cole, president Cubic Transportation Systems, Monali Shah, director of city solutions, HERE Technologies, and Brenna Berman, executive director, City Tech Collaborative, for a conversation on Inclusive Urban Mobility (stage area, Mastercard House)
Thursday May 10:
- 1:00 – 1:30pm: Urban Economy talk with Jennifer Rademaker, executive vice president, global solution delivery, Mastercard, Maya Weily, professor of urban policy, New School, and Paola Pollmeier, open innovation manager Ruta N, STI Center Municipality Medellín, moderated by Avni Patel, director, Mastercard Center for Inclusive Growth (stage area, Mastercard House)
- 3:30 – 4:00pm: Mark Klupt, vice president, Mastercard North America, will host a Partnerships panel with Hany Fam, executive vice president, enterprise partnerships, Trudy-Norris-Grey, general manager, Microsoft CityNext, Jason Greenwald, LIVE XYZ, and Adriana Krnáčová, Mayor of Prague (stage area, Mastercard House)
If you are attending SmartCities NY, visit the Mastercard House located near stage A. To schedule interviews or booth tours, please contact email@example.com.
Follow us for updates on Twitter @MastercardNews.