Event to Convene Industry Leaders from Around the World to Discuss Mobile Technologies and the Future of Payments
To tweet this news, copy and paste: NEWS: #MasterCard Convenes #mobilepayments leaders @GMSA #MWC13 for a #CashlessConvo http://bit.ly/XxTL3c
PURCHASE, N.Y.—February 5, 2013—MasterCard (NYSE:MA) today announced the MasterCard Mobile Payments Global Symposium, a full day of engaging dialogue on the topics of NFC, mobile money and the future of payments. Taking place in Hall 8.0 on Tuesday, February 26, the Symposium is the showpiece mobile payments event within Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2013, the world’s largest mobile conference and exposition, occurring February 25-28 in Barcelona, Spain.
Sponsored by MasterCard, the Mobile Payments Global Symposium agenda will consist of five regional spotlight panel sessions, each exploring evolving trends and key topics related to the future of payments, including:
- Mobile payments and driving financial inclusion within emerging markets;
- Creating profoundly new shopping experiences with a click, tap or touch of a connected device;
- The role of mobile technology in moving toward a world beyond cash;
- Mobile money and the evolution of closed loop to open loop networks; and,
- NFC: the current and future state of contactless payments via mobile phones.
Leading these engaging discussions with MasterCard will be executives and experts from around the world in the retail, telecommunications, banking and payments industries.
- Asia Pacific: Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore, NTT DOCOMO, and Telecom NZ
- Europe: Boots UK, Deutsche Telekom AG, ING and Turkcell
- Latin American and the Caribbean: Caixa Economica Federal, TIM, and Wanda
- Middle East and Africa: airtel Africa, Etisalat, and Qtel Group
- North America: Citi, Isis, and Rogers Communications
“We’re delighted to be convening some of the brightest minds in retail, telecommunications, banking and payments in Barcelona to discuss how the physical and digital worlds are converging, and the ways mobile will shape the way consumers shop for goods and services – today and tomorrow,” said Ed McLaughlin, chief emerging payments officer at MasterCard.
Seating for the Mobile Payments Global Symposium is limited, so please visit the event registration page to secure your space. Press and industry analysts who’d like to register for the Symposium, schedule a booth tour (#5G80) or an interview with a MasterCard executive should contact Brian Gendron at email@example.com or tweet @MasterCardBrian #MAMobileSymp.
In addition to the Mobile Symposium, MasterCard will make several announcements and share new research analyzing consumer sentiment on the future of digital payments. Visit the MasterCard Cashless Conversations blog for additional information about MasterCard at Mobile World Congress.
About MasterCard Worldwide
MasterCard (NYSE: MA), www.mastercard.com, is a technology company in the global payments industry. We operate the world’s fastest payments processing network, connecting consumers, financial institutions, merchants, governments and businesses in more than 210 countries and territories. MasterCard’s products and solutions make everyday commerce activities – such as shopping, traveling, running a business and managing finances – easier, more secure and more efficient for everyone. Follow us on Twitter @MasterCardNews, join the discussion on the Cashless Conversations Blog and subscribe for the latest news.
Brian Gendron, 914-249-1284, firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to subscribe to real-time alerts.