Carnival Cruise Line, South African Airways and VIA Rail among the latest to offer greater convenience in online payments with MasterPass by MasterCard
To tweet this news, copy and paste http://news.mstr.cd/1JsVOAF to your Twitter handle with the hashtag #MasterPass
Purchase, NY – July 29, 2015 – Whether booking a flight, train or vacation cruise online, travelers want to save time and avoid hassles when they reach the checkout phase of their purchase. Today, MasterCard announced that more travelers around the world will be able to check out quickly and securely now that several new transit and travel retailers are offering MasterPass.
Accepted in 24 countries, MasterPass enables consumers to pay for the things they want with the security they demand, anywhere online or in-app, using any device. And with the continued growth of online travel booking, MasterPass is leading the way by delivering a fast, simple and secure payment option.
- In North America, Canada’s national passenger rail network VIA Rail is now live with MasterPass at checkout, and leading Canadian airline WestJet is currently live on both mobile and tablet platforms. Carnival Cruise Line, “The World’s Most Popular Cruise Line®” with 24 ships operating 3 to 16-day voyages to The Bahamas, Caribbean, Europe, Mexican Riviera, Alaska, Hawaii, Canada, New England, Bermuda, Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific Islands, will add the “Buy with MasterPass” button to their online site in the first quarter of 2016.
- In Europe, Alitalia Airlines, the national airline of Italy, and the country’s primary train operator, Trenitalia, offer MasterPass as a checkout option to its customers, as does Czech Railways.
- Travelers in the Asia Pacific market can use MasterPass for travel purchases made with Singapore Airlines and Taiwan High Speed Rail, as well as leading online travel agent Zuji and Hong Kong Airport Express Line.
- Across the globe in South Africa, South African Airways, the country’s largest airline, and its low-cost carrier Mango Airlines are both live with MasterPass. In an exciting move, the Legacy Hotels and Resorts Group has recently come on-board to offer MasterPass users great opportunities to enjoy their exceptional range of leisure properties.
Global Merchant Support for MasterPass
- “Mango continually pursues innovation across its business and we remain the only African airline to offer mobile apps for booking and payment on the go. The addition of MasterCard’s innovative MasterPass product to our range of payment methods is a welcome addition to Mango’s existing wide payment method acceptance portfolio,” says Mango spokesperson, Hein Kaiser.
- “In the ambit of e-commerce today, consumers want a faster and simpler payment process. MasterCard delivers such a solution, shortening time and making payment a breeze for regular online shoppers. We believe with MasterPass as an additional payment option on our website, SIA customers will enjoy an even better checkout experience,” said Foo Chai Woo, Divisional Vice President Sales and Marketing, Singapore Airlines Limited.
- “The customer experience is of utmost importance to our business. As a leading online travel agency, Zuji handles thousands of transactions in a day, and we want to ensure our customers have a positive and seamless experience on our site. MasterPass brings a value-add to the overall user experience – our customers have a quick and convenient way to check-out without compromising on safety and security,” said Chan Tze Yuan, Head of Commercial, Zuji
MasterPass securely stores shoppers’ preferred payment and shipping information, which is readily accessible when they check out using the “Buy with MasterPass” button and log into their account. MasterPass users can also add loyalty programs, and shop with their account at any MasterPass accepting merchant globally, using any connected device. MasterPass is accepted by more than 250,000 merchants globally across travel, entertainment, quick service restaurants, retail and more.
“Travel merchants are increasingly looking to drive efficiencies in the online booking process,” said Vib Prasad, Group Head of MasterPass at MasterCard. “MasterPass can provide a seamless checkout experience while delivering the security our cardholders have come to expect when using a MasterCard, so they can focus on enjoying their time away.”
For a list of MasterPass accepting retailers in select markets, please visit: www.shopnow.masterpass.com.
MasterCard (NYSE: MA), www.mastercard.com, is a technology company in the global payments industry. We operate the world’s fastest payments processing network, connecting consumers, financial institutions, merchants, governments and businesses in more than 210 countries and territories. MasterCard’s products and solutions make everyday commerce activities – such as shopping, traveling, running a business and managing finances – easier, more secure and more efficient for everyone. Follow us on Twitter @MasterCardNews, join the discussion on the Beyond the Transaction Blog and subscribe for the latest news on the Engagement Bureau.
Product Communications, MasterCard
Corporate Communications, MasterCard
Click here to subscribe to real-time alerts.